Re: xen-4.5 and -current/amd64

			Hi there,

On 06/25/15 17:42, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 10:08:39PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
>> I'm running a XEN3_DOM0/amd64 from today's source, with pkgsrc-current
>> xen*45, and xenstored & xenconsoled are running.
>>
>> I have a file /scratch/disk.img, in which a -current/amd64 release was
>> unpacked. /scratch is /dev/raid6a, and also has the same files unpacked.
>>
>> I don't seem to be able to find the right incantation to start a
>> XEN3_DOMU/amd64 from today's source.
>>
>> name = "leucite"
>> kernel = "netbsd-XEN3_DOMU"
>> vcpus = 2
>> memory = 1024
>> disk = ['file:/scratch/disk.img,hda,w']
>
> you could try:
> disk = ['file:/scratch/disk.img,0x1,w']
>
> this works for me

Neither are correct. The syntax changed since xl:
http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/misc/xl-disk-configuration.txt

It should be:
disk = [ target,format,vdev,access ]

in this order, or with key=value explicitly set each time:
disk = [ format=format, vdev=device, access=rw, target=/path/to/target ]
note: here target *must* be *last*

Prefixes such as "raw:", "qcow2:", "file:", "phy:" etc are all deprecated.

There was a time I was using 0x300 for hda, but I do not see any
reference to it in this documentation. There is this one also:
http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/misc/vbd-interface.txt

From what I understand the best is to use xvda xvdb etc when supported
by the guest.

HTH,