Re: Trying to create first Xen guest...

Anthony Howe writes:
- Trying to create first Xen guest, a NetBSD 6.1.5 (later I'll need a
- linux). I have a dom1 config with 2 disks (see dom1 config file below):
-
- 	1st is a 10G dom1-xbd0 image file,
- 	2nd is the NetBSD-6.1.5-amd64-install.img (USB install) (xbd1)
-
- I then:
-
- 	xl create -c dom1
-
- and run through the installer steps, selecting disk "xbd0", full disk,
- single partition, full sets.  All is fine until the installation of the
- kernel and sets.
-
- I set the install media device to "xbd1a" from "cd0a" and continue only
- to have it fail. I've tried with xbd1a, xbd1c, xbd1d, and xbd1 based on
- the two tutorials available:

Uhm, NetBSD-6.1.5-amd64-install.img isn't a CDROM (ISO) image.
It's an MS-DOS device image, with a full running NetBSD system
image within MS-DOS partition 0.

Try mounting xbd1a as an "umounted filesystem" rather than as an
ISO image.

Or, download the ISO image, and try using that as xbd1.

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric%cirr.com@localhost 		http://www.cirr.com
  is by accident. That's where we come in. We're computer professionals.