Re: Instability with NetBSD Dom0

On Sun, Mar 01, 2015 at 12:46:10AM +0100, Torbjörn Granlund wrote:
> [...]
> Some specific questions:
>
> (1) Would you agree that using plain files for DomUs tend to lead to
>     stability issues?

No, I exclusively use file-backed virtual disks for my domUs,
and never seen this kind of issue.

now I never used qemu-img-xen to create a disk image, but
dd if=/dev/zero.  Is qemu-img-xen creating a sparse file ? this may
be an issue.

> A sensible reaction might be "you run a BETA version of NetBSD and a
> BETA integration of Xen 4.5, what did you expect?!".  But as a
> mentioned, the problem is not unique to these software versions; I have
> seen similar issues with NetBSD 6.1.x + Xen 4.2.y (although not with a
> co-located system...).

I've not switched my production servers to netbsd-7 and xen 4.5 yet,
but my test machine is running it for some time, and create/destroy
several domUs every nights. I've not noticed problems.