Re: xenkernel42-4.2.4 DOM0 Real Power Off doesnt work

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 08:46:07PM +0200, bobbisanchez%gmx.de@localhost wrote:
Hi,

i am using NetBSD 6.1.3 , or current, on amd64 with xenkernel42-4.2.4 from
the pkgsrc port.
The problem is that no DOM0 machine is going to real power off  have to
press the Power Button and hold for 4sec, to turn the Machine off. I am also
using the XEN3_DOM0 Kernel config provided from the NetBSD sources to build
the Kernel.

root: poweroff
Apr 15 20:03:25 cfnetbsd poweroff: powered off by root
Apr 15 20:03:25 cfnetbsd syslogd[441]: Exiting on signal 15
syncing disks... done
wd0: detached
igphy0: detached
wm0: detached
atabus3: detached
atabus2: detached
atabus1: detached
atabus0: detached
sd0: detached
scsibus0: detached
(XEN) Domain 0 halted: halting machine.

then the Machine still do nothing

thanks for helping
Yes this is a known issue with Xen. I think the poweroff should be done
by the hypervisor and not the dom0; but the last time I looked there
was no way to request a poweroff (i.e. it's not supported by the hypervisor).

if you say hypervisor, then i think you mean "xen.gz"
i tried now xen-4.3.2 release and xen-4.4.0 release, from sources,
but the same result: machine does not turn off
and btw. my bios says S1 and S3 only ... dont know if its important