From: "Thor Lancelot Simon" <tls%panix.com@localhost>
To: "Marcus Osdoba" <marcus.osdoba%googlemail.com@localhost>
Cc: "Manuel Bouyer" <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>, "Pierre-philipp Braun"
<pbraun%nethence.com@localhost>, "Steve Blinkhorn" <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>,
port-xen%NetBSD.org@localhost
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:55:05 PM
Subject: Re: new system configuration advice wanted

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 07:49:57PM +0100, Marcus Osdoba wrote:

> Hi,
> I tried to run a Windows 7 Pro 64bit HVM guest on Xen41 with NetBSD6
> dom0. I got a blue screen too. After fiddeling around a bit, I just
> installed the drivers one by one.
> The Xen Network Interface was identified, but didn't get a
> connection (emulated worked well before). The driver  which provoked
> the blue screen, was xvda.

I've used the GPL PV network driver in a Win 2008r2 guest on a NetBSD dom0.
Not the PV disk driver.  I've used the PV disk driver in a 2008r2 on
a linux dom0 with decent luck, but I did install the system with the
emulated driver, then use the signed gplpv installer for 2008 that swaps
the new driver into place.  I haven't tried supplying the PV drivers
directly at install time.

Thor