Re: 50% slowdown on 2 processor XEN 4.1.3 vs 1 processor system

Just a quick followup. It seems that although netbsd-GENERIC could
control the cpu clock just fine, netbsd-XEN3_DOM0 defers this to the xen kernel,
which could not. There was also a bug in the MB bios, which would not let me
disable EIST -- essentially, it always ran at the lowest, rather than the
highest speed. I tried every motherboard and xen boot option I could think of,
messed with xenpm, and nothing seemed to help.

So, I convinced my supplier to let me swap it for something that I know
works correctly, which wasn't hard as he seemed to feel that it was
going to be very hard to get supermicro to fix this issue. So, if you
plan to run netbsd and xen, avoid the supermicro X9DR3-F with AMI
2.14.x bios. If your case will hold an EE-ATX board, the supermicro
X9DRi-LN4+ with AMI with 2.15.x bios seems to work as it should.

Thanks to all who helped look into this.

Harry Waddell