- Pierre Pronchery wrote:
- > http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=46634
- >
- > http://uberwall.org/bin/project/browse/101/UWvbiosdump?file=%
- > 2FUWvbiosdump.c%2Cv&revision=1.1
- >
- > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2012/04/thread1.html
-
- Thanks for the pointers, it's good to see I am not alone in this
- trouble, it raises the probability, that somebody finds the problematic
- spot.
-
- I'll try digging in the code a bit, but I don't have any experience in
- this area and my chances are thus diminutive.

I suspect it stopped working when XEN_DOM0 kernels stopped
allowing arbitrary kernel memory access somewhere post 5.99.52.
(I'm thinking the discussion took place in mid-2011, but I could
easily be wrong.)

I have a  faint rememberance of an option being added to define
a pass-through region, but that too could be figment of my
imagination)

I've been suffering from the lack of ability to run X on dom0
since 6.0_BETA, so one system is still running 5.1_STABLE, while
another is running 5.99.52.

--
Eric Schnoebelen                eric%cirr.com@localhost
http://www.cirr.com