Re: X server in dom0: Bad VBT signature

                Hi rudolf, port-xen@,

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:45:26 +0200, rudolf wrote:

> I have some problems running X server from base in amd64 dom0 under
> netbsd-6. It's on a notebook with Intel GM45 Express chipset, the error
> message is "Bad VBT signature". I've tried the Xen versions 3.3 and 4.1
> from pkgsrc, the result is in both cases the same. [...]

I have the same issue, although with different Xorg drivers one
apparently gets different errors for the same underlying problem. I have
reported this as PR port-xen/46634:
http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=46634

The tool I used to dump the video BIOS is here:
http://uberwall.org/bin/project/browse/101/UWvbiosdump?file=%
2FUWvbiosdump.c%2Cv&revision=1.1

I have also mentioned it on mailing-lists earlier, see:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2012/04/thread1.html

HTH,
--
khorben