Re: Qemu-upstream with Xen

Le 13/06/2012 13:05, Roger Pau Monné a écrit :
I've debugged this a little bit more, and I've found that
privpgop_fault gets called, and tries to map the address again after
the call to xc_domain_add_to_physmap. But the call to pmap_enter_ma
returns the error 'EFAULT', and thus the segfault in Qemu. The
previous call to this function in IOCTL_PRIVCMD_MMAPBATCH (which tries to detect which pages can be mapped) didn't mark this page as invalid,
so something must have changed in between... Suggestions are welcome.

Nothing appearing on hypervisor console (or xm dmesg?)

EFAULT is usually returned by hypervisor on mmu_update() calls when arguments are bogus (or pose a threat to hypervisor VM). Given the role of pmap_enter_ma(), I suspect the hypervisor is refusing the mapping.

Can you obtain the arguments passed to the hypercall?

--
Jean-Yves Migeon