Re: Installing a NetBSD DomU on a file-backed disk

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Manuel Bouyer
<bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:09:55AM -0400, Blair Sadewitz wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Manuel Bouyer
>> <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

> A slice in a disklabel should be enough. In fact, I fear the ext2 partition
> has to start at offset 0 for pygrub to find it. hopefully ext2 has some room
> for a disklabel at the start ...

That is how I set it up last time, but it didn't work.  Of course,
netbsd also puts a file in the root named /boot; I don't need that in
this case, right?

> If this doesn't work I fear you'll have to format the whole disk as a single
> ext2 filesystem, with no partition at all (using /dev/xbd0d).

That's what I was afraid of, too.  Will NetBSD work with an ext2 root?
 Never wanted to try ... ;-)