NetBSD & Xen 4 - where are we ?

Good night everyone,

My NetBSD -current + Xen 3 + lvm machines have been running pretty smoothly for the past few months. Now there are a few new projects and some new hardware available next month or so, and I've decided to stick with NetBSD+Xen as I'm quite satisfied with it. A huge THANK YOU for everyone making this possible!

Some months ago there were a few threads on the list about issues with Xen 4 and/or using xl to launch domains.

While I'll be setting up a test box to confirm everything for myself, could we make a point of the situation ?

Are HVM & PV domains working alright with Xen 4.1.2 + xl + lvm?

Is the domU SMP code ready for use ? (according to the NetBSD/Xen page yes, but do tell about your personal experience!)

Are there plans to implement SMP for dom0 ?

And if a developer would like to give an overview, what has been the target of the Xen port recently ? What are the next goals?

Best regards,

Hugo