Re: xen: evtchn_do_event: handler 0xffffffff8020a88f didn't lower ipl 8 7

On Thu, 10 May 2012, David Brownlee wrote:

x64 CentOS 5.8 guest so far), the console sometimes seems to show a stream of

evtchn_do_event: handler 0xffffffff8020a88f didn't lower ipl 8 7

Is this normal? anything to be worried about?

Well, it's 'normal' in that it always seems to occur. It does not appear to be causing any problems, as the evtchn_do_event resets the ipl to what it expects.

The only handler I've seen doing that is xen_timer_handler(), which calls hardclock(), and I think that's where the ipl may get raised and not lowered. I've tried looking at it to figure out why, but haven't gotten very far.

  There's a PR open for this:  port-xen/46313.

Mike

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant