Re: Xen nuisance messages

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:09:11AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> The right thing would seem to be to run a good crypto PRNG in either xen
> proper or the dom0, and to be able to pull bits from that to seed a
> crypto PRNG in the domU, using a new 'get random bits' hypercall.  Or,
> some bits from a hardware RNG could be diverted to domUs via this
> hypercall.  I am having negative spare time, but this seems doable in
> only a few days of hacking.

I did this before but it was basically throwaway code for Xen2.

The simplest thing at this point, I think, would be for the domain
builder to pass some seed entropy to the domU kernel at boot.  All
the startup code in the NetBSD kernel then needs to do is copy the
appropriate number of bytes to the right address, and away you go.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon                                    tls%panix.com@localhost
  "All of my opinions are consistent, but I cannot present them all