Re: Xen 4 DOM0 with -current i386/amd64 rejects kernel?

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

Did you try pressing 'enter' before the power button?  Maybe it was
already at the sh prompt?

Alas, I chickened out.  It probably was.  The i386 test machine is a
laptop and I later moved it to where there were no other machines with
serial ports to use for monitoring.  I booted the entry that used
console=pc and it seemed to run OK.

Odd thing I've noticed so far was that 'rxvt-unicode' ('urxvt') would hang
and I couldn't ktrace it.  'xterm' worked fine.

Now working on a pared-down version for just this machine's hardware.
It appears the ACPI emulation in the hypervisor is rather minimal.

Thanks.

Other lessons learned:  absolute path to dom0 kernel is mandatory.