Re: linux dom0 versus NetBSD dom0

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 04:28:58PM -0800, Brian Buhrow wrote:
>       Hello Manuel et al.  Two features I think we're interested in, but
> which I don't know much about, are the balloon driver and the virtual
> machine migration tool.  That is, the ability to move virtual machines from
> one physical machine to another, assuming we've got the storage issues for
> those virtual machines worked out.  Can anyone address the state of those
> features on NetBSD versus Linux?

migration and suspend/resume are basically the same (migration is just
suspend on one dom0, resume on another one). domU suspend/resume support
is present in HEAD (and will be in netbsd-6), but there is currently
one bug left, which is hard to find ...

A NetBSD dom0 can suspend/resume (and migrate) a Linux domU without
problems