[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: updating Xen public headers
On 12/05/11 20:29, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 02:19:39PM +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:
NetBSD still uses xen public headers from Xen 3.3.0.
I want to rename xen3-public to xen-public and then
update them to Xen 4.1.2.
The new headers are backward-compatible.
For renaming, I want to do it this way:
1. Re-import the files from xen3-public into new directory (xen-public)
2. Update all files to use headers from xen-public
3. Remove xen3-public
4. Import headers from Xen 4.1.2
5. Resolve conflicts
What do we gain with the Xen 4.1.2 headers ?
New interfaces for PV drivers:
- Xen transcedent memory
- USB IO
- SCSI IO
PCI IO improvements for PV domU:
- PCI MSI support
- PCI Express AER support
- xen honors flags to be placed into guest kernel available
pte bits if enabled (for grant table)
- support for 128 vcpus
(old interface is still present and supports up to 32 vcpus)
- PCI passthrough: new hypercalls to support SR-IOV
- new hypercall to for physical cpu hotplugging
- new hypercall for physical page offlining
- fixes to compile with clang
- machine check recovery mechanism
Main Index |
Thread Index |