Re: NetBSD on Xen4

Am 30.07.11 17:29, schrieb Ben C.:
Are you trying to run it as a HVM or PV?  I assume PV...I have both
NetBSD HVM and PV's working fine.  Can you try adding ',model=e1000'
to your vif line?  I use it here.  I run a NetBSD dom0, and it was
required for both FreeBSD and OpenBSD HVMs.  My NetBSD pv's and hvm's
have it too, but only because I literally  just cp'd the config files
from the obsd/fbsd domu's.  So I'm not sure if the NetBSD domu's would
of worked without it.

Also if you share your entire configuration (your .conf for the NetBSD
domu) that would be very useful.

vif=[ 'bridge=bridge0,model=e1000,mac=....,ip=.....,otheroptionsyoumaywant=....'
]
Adding model did not change the behaviour. This is my config file (I did not setup a xen4-style config, the VM is just copied from a Xen 3.4 host).

kernel    = "/boot/netbsd-XEN364bit_DOMU.gz"
memory    = 256
name    = "MachineName"
vif    = [ 'ip=1.2.3.4,mac=00:16:3E:1C:11:16,model=e1000' ]
disk    = [ 'file:/var/lib/xen/images/MachineName.img,0x01,w' ]
root    = "xbd0"

Those of you who are running NetBSD successfully on Xen4, did you install it afresh or has someone migrated existing domUs?

Dirk

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Dirk<dirk.schulz%kinzesberg.de@localhost>