blktap2 implementation in NetBSD

Hello,

I'm doing some research about how to implement something similar to
the blktap2 Linux driver on NetBSD, to be able to use different image
formats (other than raw). I've read on other threads that blktap will
be implemented using puffs on NetBSD, but I'm not able to see how is
that possible, since puffs does not provide a block devices. I've read
about RUMP, and it seems it would be best to implement the driver
using RUMP, and maybe when it's finished include it in the kernel, but
I'm not sure if it's the best way to implement it, could someone give
me some advice or status about this project?

Regards, Roger.