Re: Xen Unstable on NetBSD

On 11.07.2011 15:16, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
>     return map(PciDevice, get_all_pci_dict())
>   File "/usr/xen42/lib/python2.6/site-packages/xen/util/pci.py", line
> 472, in get_all_pci_dict
>     return map(parse_pci_name, get_all_pci_names())
> TypeError: argument 2 to map() must support iteration

Recent PCI support needs some love before working "out of the box" under
NetBSD.

In this case, I guess that one __iter__() is missing in some python
class, but dunno which one.

> And xl fails to run the bootloader (pygrub). I was wandering if anyone
> is using it, and can give me some advice, I was trying to get unstable
> to work to see if the xl console stuff was fixed, but it seems like
> unstable need some more patching than just the xl console problem.
>
> As a side note, I just saw that most patches regarding NetBSD are not
> committed to the Xen repository, like the blktap drivers. Is there any
> reason to not commit this modifications? I'm just asking because I
> would like to try to get most of this patches added to mainstream Xen,
> if the authors allow it.

Lack of time mainly... But we are always ready to accept new souls that
can help us in this task.

Cheers,

--
Jean-Yves Migeon