Re: PCI passthru with Xen 3.0, NetBSD 5.1 dom0, Linux domU

Hi Manuel,

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 19:27, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>
wrote:

> Is the interrupt used by this card shared with other devices driven by
> the dom0 ? If so, I guess this could explain it: the adapter generates
> an interrupt, and as the domU is not running anymore nothing is there to
> ack it. As the interrupt is shared with the dom0, the dom0 gets an
> interrupt storm.

Good thought.

I just checked (currently with Xen kernel 3.3, but the pciback command
line is still active), but the pciback0 device seems to be the only
one:

pci4 at ppb3 bus 4
ppb3: added to list as bus 4
pci4: i/o space, memory space enabled
pciback0 at pci4 dev 0 function 0: vendor 0x168c product 0x0023 (rev. 0x01)
pciback0: mem: 0x48100000 - 0x00010000
ioapic0: int21 1a9d0<vector=d0,delmode=1,logical,actlo,level,masked,dest=0>
f000000<target=f>
pciback0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 21, event channel 9
irq line 194 pin 1 sc 0xffffa00012d49c50

The card is also the only device on bus 4 and pin21 isn't attached to
any other busses (keep in mind that I currently know next to nothing
about PCI, though).

Cheers,
Julien