Re: call for testing: xen 4.1 packages

> Hi,

> I have packaged xen 4.1.

> Get the packages from

> http://www.netbsd.org/~cegger/xenkernel41.tar.gz

> http://www.netbsd.org/~cegger/xentools41.tar.gz

> Unpack them in pkgsrc/sysutils/

> Get the file http://www.netbsd.org/~cegger/buildlink3.mk

> and put it in pkgsrc/devel/ocaml-findlib/

> before you install the xentools41 package.

> In /etc/rc.conf add:

> xend=YES

Booting XEN3_DOM0 with a couple of local mods, I get a python hang when trying to start xend. The hanging thread has this backtrace (handcopied):

sleepq_block

turnstile_block

mutex_vector_enter

xenbus_dev_request_and_reply

xenbus_dev_write

kernfs_try_fileop

VOP_WRITE

vn_write

dofilewrite

sys_write

syscall

The hang is reproducible (but I have not looked at more than one backtrace).

Ideas anyone? I did not notice any other obviously suspect threads.

This is on a very recent current / amd64 (Thinkpad T500). /usr and /var are using the log option, root is not, /tmp is on root.

Regards,

Sverre