Re: call for testing: xen 4.1 packages

On 3/31/2011, "Manuel Bouyer" <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

>I forgot to mention the URL to my updated package:
>this also has some PLIST fixes, and patches for things like man pages
>installed in the wrong directory.
>Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>
>     NetBSD: 26 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference

I found that 'xm create' works fine for both PV and HVM DomU even with
the xentools41 prior to version above. With xl, I encountered similar
problems with my PV DomU, such as connecting to the console during
create and essentially the domain just didn't start. Once the domain is
running (i.e. using xm) I was able to use xl console just fine.

One unusual thing that I noticed in /var/log/xen is that when I used xl
create for my PV DomU, a log with the name
'qemu-dm-<pv_domu_name>.log' is created. That is not the case when I
used xm create (for a PV DomU) . What does qemu-dm have anything to do
for a PV DomU?