Re: Various man pages related to Xen

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:36:06 +0100, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 09:05:55PM +0100, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
Hi lists,

Here's an anthology of man pages associated to Xen. I believe they have their place directly under man4/, "virtualized" drivers being not really
tied to a specific arch.

Could some of you proof read the HISTORY and AUTHORS sections, so we can
give credit where credit is due? I will commit them afterward.

looks good. Maybe xenbus.4 could mention the xenstore-* commands ?
Unfortunably there's no man page for these, but maybe online documentation
is available (I didn't check).

Well, documentation for xenstore-* and xm commands pretty much depend on <insert your favorite search engine>.

I was not keen on making the man pages dependent on third party applications, especially for those that are expected to evolve in the future (xm vs xl, libvirt, stuff like that).

I just wanted a quick summary so that people stop asking about "what's the difference between xvif and tap for HVM?" "PCI passthrough?", etc.

thanks for working on this !

np

Besides, is it fine to notify 5.1 as being "PCI passthrough" friendly, or 6.0 remains "officially" the first version to have PCI split drivers?

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost