Re: boot.cfg parameters

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 00:38:23 +0000, Ãtienne <etienne.pub%magickarpet.org@localhost> wrote:
Hello all,

I must have missed something. There's a pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-5.1 directory on many mirrors since last week, but I can't see any announcement ? More related to this list, I have actually tried to install and run the DOM0
kernel in it, with xenkernel33 and xentools33 from pkgsrc-2010Q3. But
trying to boot Xen ends up just a few lines from the the top saying:

"dom0 kernel not specified. Check bootloader configuration"

Not much changed from before, my boot.cfg says:

menu=Boot Xen (NetBSD-5.1):load /netbsd-XEN_DOM0 console=pc;
multiboot /xen.gz dom0_mem=512M

Has the syntax changed ?

No (at least, I haven't heard of any for boot(8))

What am I missing ?

This error message from hypervisor is 95% of the time due to the bootloader not loading the DOM0 as a module (or fails to do so).

Could you try by typing in the commands directly in boot prompt?

I'd suggest also "replacing" /boot with a more recent version (/usr/mdec/boot after updating to 5.1), just in case

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost