Re: netbsd/amd64 5.1rc4 domU network

Hi,

I wrote a xenfront-copy patch for NetBSD DomU.

http://blog.yellowback.net/uploads/netbsd-5.99.27-xenfront-rx-copy.patch

Networking works in my environment:
  Xen: xen-4.0.2-rc1-pre (64bit)
  Dom0: Linux 2.6.32.21(pvops) (64bit) + Ubuntu 9.04
  DomU: NetBSD 5.99.39 (64bit)

http://blog.yellowback.net/archives/454-20100710.html (in Japanese)

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 5:38 AM, Jean-Yves Migeon
<jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost> wrote:
> On 23.09.2010 21:29, Pierre-Philipp Braun wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:29:11 +0200, Jean-Yves Migeon
>> <jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost> wrote:
>>> Oopsie, sorry; should have read your mail slower
>>
>> Thanks for your inputs to you all.  Is that the issue (copy support
>> missing in the frontend) ?
>
> Yes, Stephen is correct
>
>> Besides, since which versions of XEN and/or linux dom0 is flip deprecated
>> ?  (I tryed netbsd domU on RHEL5 some day but I don't remember the result)
>
> Well, it is hard to follow -- especially when you consider the different
> Linux versions that exist/ed for Xen.
>
> IIRC, copy was introduced with Xen 3.0, and became the default option
> for 3.1 with the Linux of XenSource (2.6.18).
>
> For the pv_ops Linux (default dom0 with Xen 4 and up), I guess that
> flipping was never supported, hence copy is the only possibility with
> the pv_ops kernel.
>
> This requires confirmation by someone that follows the Linux pv_ops
> kernel closer. A quick look at the git branch (jeremy's) seems to
> confirm this.
>
> --
> Jean-Yves Migeon
> jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost