Re: xennet0 not connected

On 21.09.2010 19:23, Pierre-Philipp Braun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> NetBSD/amd64 5.1rc4 starts fine as XEN3-DOMU inside a XEN/dom0 pv_ops
> (slackware64, xen-4.0.1, jeremy's xen/next 2.6.32) !
>
> But I'm missing a network link.  xennet0 doesn't ping nor responds to
> pings.  Can you help me troubbleshoot the issue ?  Is it caused by the
> dom0 or the domU ?

No way to know unless troubleshooting the issue further.

> On slackware64 dom0:
>   - brctl shows the vifs for each running guest
>   - ifconfig also shows the vifs, beside the bridge interface and peth0

Please post their output. "brctl show bridge0", "ifconfig -a", etc.

When you tcpdump (in dom0) on the vif associated to NetBSD domU, do you
actually see the ICMP messages? Can you see them on the bridge0
interface also on the dom0 side?

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost