Re: adding /dev/xen/gnttab

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 17:16:12 +0200, "Christoph Egger"
<Christoph_Egger%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:
> Thanks. Oh, do you mind if I add privcmd to /dev/xen/ as well?
> The kernel code to use /dev/xen/privcmd should be easy to adopt
> and will finally allow to remove kernfs.

While I welcome this move, I do not think it can be done easily, as there
are entries created dynamically under kernfs that cannot (yet?) be
manageable through /dev.

Anyway, if you want to commit (both upstream and in pkgsrc) preliminary
support for /dev/xen nodes within xentools (something "like check for
existence, then fallback to /kern/xen"), you have my vote :)

Many thanks for working on it, I never found enough time to get something
committed.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost