Re: Xen and virtual network

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 02:17:33PM +0300, Jacques-Olivier KAPPS wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I manage a Netbsd 5.0.2 dom0 with 3 domU but unfortunately I am out of public
> IPs. In order to set up more guests, would that be possible to create a
> virtual network? anyone already tried that?

yes, it's possible. Create a tap(4) interface in your dom0, and add it to
the bridge in place of the real hardware interface (don't forget to assign
it an IP). Then  setup your guests as usual.

Another way would be to use IP-based (level 3) connectivity instead of
bridge-based (level 2) connectivity.
In this case, each guest is on its own subnetwork. Use the vif-ip script
instead of the vif-bridge, and ip=ip_addr/netmask instead of bridge=bridgex
in the guest config.