Re: Device 769 (vbd) could not be connected

Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen%roguewrt.org@localhost> wrote:

> disk = [ 'file:/usr/pkg/etc/xen/debian-tmp.img,xvda,w' ]
> root = "/dev/xvda1 ro"

I tried with xvda and /dev/xvda1 like in your config, but without any
improvment:
Error: Device 51713 (vbd) could not be connected.

> Straight off, I'd say you are missing the initrd, which is required
> (assuming it has the relevant modules) to access the filesystem.
> Typically this results in a panic.
>
> Also, you are using a relatively old linux version,

Well, I agree this will have to be fixed, but this is not the problem,
as the kernel does not even start up.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz