Re: GPLPV Drivers

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 05:09:09PM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> >On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:13:50AM -0500, Dustin Marquess wrote:
> >>Sorry, I should have mentioned that.
> >>
> >>Upstream claims that 3.1.x will work, however I've only tested with 3.3.x.
> >
> >For me it hangs the same way with 3.3.2. I tried to install only a minimal
> >subset (pci, vbd, net) but it doesn't help. It seems to hang installing
> >the PCI driver, because with the device manager I can't see any other
> >xen-related device. Nothing show up in event logs, nor in qemu-dm log.
> >I've no idea on how to debug this ...
>
> What guest OS? I used Windows Server 2003 R2 32-bit.

This is the same version as my install CD it seems.
Did you do some updates before installing the PV drivers ?
I do in on a clean install without updates.

> I did a
> "Complete" install and it did the install, then the "Found new
> hardware" dialog appeared on which I chose automatically search
> without Windows Updates.

I never see the "Found new hardware" dialog, the install hang with the
progress par near the end.
I've keep the windows install cd and the 'boot="d"' lines in my xen
config file, did you remove theses after install ?