Re: Call for testing: Xen 4.0

Update on the instant-reboot issue with Xen4.

I was able to configure grub to boot Xen4 + netbsd-XEN3_DOM0 on a usb device. This hinted at two problems: Xen332 worked ok, but Xen4 has an issue with mboot.c32 (syslinux) and the bootloaders in mdec.

So if you are currently stuck not booting Xen4 you may get further with a grub-enabled USB device.

Next is the hang that occurs on the Intel Westmere/Greencity platform (12 cores, 24 threads). Regular netbsd 5.99.29 runs fine, but DOM0 on both Xen 3.3.2 and Xen 4 die during the cpu-attach routine.

I'll delve into the bootloader and the DOM0 hanging on cpu-attach on Westmere, any help with people using westmere + xen3 or xen4 + netbsd DOM0 would be handy.