Re: dom0 memory and HVM

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Manuel Bouyer
<bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
> What do the other numbers looks like ?
> qemu-dm shows a large memory size, but I believe most of this memory
> is from the domU's pool, or maybe xen itself (i.e. it doesn't eat
> dom0's memory).
>
> On a HVM-capable system I gave 640Mb to dom0, but more than 400Mb are
> used for the file cache ...

That must have been what was going on. The memory usage peaked when I
was doing both OpenBSD domU installs. I also tried doing some
compiling in the dom0 in order to test stability. Thanks for the
response. I think I will stick with at least 512MB.

Bryan