Re: NetBSD 5.1_RC1/amd64 domU: xbdback backend/vbd/3/1: DIOCCACHESYNC returned 25

On Tue, 11 May 2010 13:25:02 +0100, Hugo Silva <hugo%barafranca.com@localhost>
wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> dom0: NetBSD 5.99.29 amd64
>
> As soon as I start my lvm-backed domU running 5.1_RC1, dom0's kernel
> message buffer is filled with:
>
> xbdback backend/vbd/3/1: DIOCCACHESYNC returned 25
>
> This goes on for as long as the domU is up.
>
> Booting this domU with a 5.0.2 kernel doesn't produce this behaviour.
>
> Anyone else experiencing the same?

dm(4) does not implement DIOCCACHESYNC ioctl(), so it returns ENOTTY for
your lvm backend in dom0.

As DIOCCACHESYNC was pulled-up to NetBSD-5, the dom0 logs the error as it
is not supported when domU requests this operation.

I am not familiar enough with lvm to know how this could be implemented
though :/

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost