Re: ACPI Exception AE_NO_MEMORY

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 09:51:09AM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> ipmi(4) driver.  In looking at the changes on the ipmi(4) driver between
> 4.x and 5.x, I'd say the culprit is most likely the monitoring of critical
> conditions in the BMC board.  That is, because the ipmi(4) enables the
> hardware to flag critical conditions, conditions which existed under
> NetBSD-4 which were ignored are now monitored, and, when they fire, an
> unhandlable ACPI event is triggered.  I wonder if the following hack to

Just a footnote here: there is a relationship between ACPI and ipmi(4). My
understanding is that Intel is pushing IPMI to be configured (only?) via
ACPI in the future. Probably for this reason the new ACPI 4.0 specification
(2009) introduced ACPI support for IPMI. Linux is incorporating this support
as we speak.

- Jukka.