Re: Debian Linux DomU

On 03/20/10 17:28, Étienne wrote:
That has been working brilliantly on amd64, but when I tried to
reproduce it on i386 (trying to boot a linux-2.6.26-xen-686 from Debian
on a NetBSD-5 Dom0), I got the following error message:

"Error: (2, 'Invalid kernel', 'xc_dom_compat_check: guest type xen-3.0-x86_32p not
supported by xen kernel, sorry')"

Does "-x86_32p" mean that the DomU kernel is for PAE platform (which
mine isn't) ?

yes

Is it possible to find an appropriate Linux DomU kernel
for the combo i386 non-PAE + xen-3.1.4 ? Maybe do I need to go back to
Xen-2.0 ?

You will stay with the exact same problem, finding a Linux kernel with the support you need. The Xen 2 API is /slightly/ deprecated.

Proposals:
1 - Move your dom0 and domUs to PAE.

http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-5/201003160000Z/i386/binary/kernel/netbsd-XEN3PAE_DOM0.gz

http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-5/201003160000Z/i386/binary/kernel/netbsd-XEN3PAE_DOMU.gz