Re: GigE Performance in Dom0

On 03/19/2010 11:29 AM, Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
Hello List,
[...]
is this normal behavior for Xentools33?
Feedback welcome, I will run more tests if asked

Interesting. I am experiencing the same problem with slow I/O and/or networking performance.
I actually did not think it could be the xentool.

My quick fix was to disable ACPI and APIC in both kernel and BIOS.
Unfortunately with this my second CPU became invisible.

I will run the tests myself with xentools33 and 31 as well.
I am on AMD 64 and I also use bge.

BTW, did you try to enable HW checksum for bge?
In my case it stops transmitting backets when added to bridge device.

Cheers,
Marcin