Re: xen networking and tap0

> I am trying to set up a xen machine in which dom0 uses the tap0
> interface for the internal bridged network.

> fxp0 ---- dom0 ---- tap0 ---- bridge0 ---- xvifN.M ---- xennet0 --- domU

I suspect you have a bit of a misconception of what the tap interface
is.

It's basically an Ethernet backed by a program rather than by hardware.
So your setup will take bridged packets and send them to tap0's
controlling process.  But you don't mention any controlling process, so
I suspect you don't have one; the packets go nowhere.

\ / Ribbon Campaign