Re: xen3pae on 5.0_stable/i386

On Saturday 09 January 2010 12:10:04 you wrote:
>   I have a system that has been running xen 3.1 on 5.0_stable/i386 for
>  some time but I want to switch to PAE kernels.
> I adjusted the boot to use zen-PAE.gz and XEN3PAE_DOM0 kernel and config
> files for the domu's to use the XEN3PAE_DOMU kernel and rebooted.  The
>  DOM0 starts happily but when trying to start the DOMU's a python
>  process segfaults and nothing starts.   So is there something obvious
>  I've missed?

With some assistance from Jean-Yves Migeon I've found out some more:

This is with a few day old 5.0_STABLE kernels (userland is a month or so
old). Machine has 8GiB.

xend seg faults on attempts to start a domu but doesn't produce a useable
coredump - logs following on the console

pid 593 (python2.6), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core not dumped, err = 14)

passing mem=4G to xen gets working domU's so looks like issues relating to
addresses allocated above the 4GiB boundary handled badly somewhere during
domU setup under some circumstance that I'm tickling.

Any ideas how to further track it down?

cheers
mark