Re: HVM performance deficiencies

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:22:59PM +0000, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 05:59:49PM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> >
> > Wouldn't it be preferable to get virtio-net and virtio-disk going,
> > instead?  That would also improve NetBSD performance under VirtualBox.
>
> VirtualBox has virtio?  I thought that was a Linux KVM thing.

VirtualBox grew virtio when QEMU did.  It looks like Xen's qemu is
actually old enough that it still may not have it.

There's also the interface to use xen PV network and disk from HVM
guests.  I think there are two *different* sets of open source drivers
for various operating systems floating around for this; maybe it is
the shortest path forward.

Thor