Re: properly ipf config on dom0

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009, Victor Gamov wrote:
May be wrong maillist but...

I have dom0 with NetBSD and some domU with other OSes.
external dom0 interface nfe0 bridged to one of domU. IPF configured to check domU IP-address at nfe0 but traffic for domU still not filtered and not logged by IPF.

As I understand traffic comes to nfe0, then driver (?) discover packet addressed to IP-address (or MAC?) owned by domU and send it to domU via bridge without putting it into IPF input queue.

Is it correct?

If so, then I need to recompile kernel with BRIDGE_IPF option?

Yes, you need to have BRIDGE_IPF in your kernel. You also need to have the ipf option enabled on your bridge.

--
Stephen