Re: Getting Xen to go along with LVM

Fredrik Pettai wrote:
On 11/12/09 10:48 AM, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 01:03:24 +0100, Adam Hamsik <haaaad%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:
Hi,

What about this patch ? It calls CGWEDGEINFO for all disks and try CGDPARTINFO only if first ioctl returns ENOTTY.
I have the same patch locally, but I don't think its the right way(c) to do
it. IMHO, we should implement DIOCGDISKINFO ioctl(), and get rid of
WEDGEINFO and PARTINFO entirely here.

I am currently looking for the correct way of getting prop_dictionary
entries ("sectors-per-unit" out of "geometry" proplist) out of the struct
plistref, or simply find another solution around VOP_IOCTL().
Did you find a proper way to resolve this, or should we go for Adam's
patch if we wish to run Xen with LVM (now then the latest LVM is
imported and enabled by default).
Nope, I am bit busy righ now, sadly :/

I am fine with Adam's patch, but please note that this is a temporal fix only. proplib(3) is convenient when passing typed data between userland and kernel, but for "pure" kernel usage, I am not too confident with the internalize/externalize machinery. I have to find another way around it.

jy