Re: trouble with debian guest

On 26/09/2009 9:19 AM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 01:22:04PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

I have a NetBSD 5.0_RCish amd64 dom0, and there is a NetBSD i386PAE
guest and an NetBSD amd64 running just fine.  I am using bridge0 to
connect xvifN.0 to the real interface, uneventfully.  This is 3.3:
Apr  1 15:57:43 kernel: [    0.359036] Initialising Xen virtual ethernet driver.
Apr  1 15:57:43 kernel: [    0.360004] net eth0: backend does not support
copying rece
Apr  1 15:57:43 kernel: ive path

FYI, I just added support for request-rx-copy, and could boot and install
this Debian distrution.

Brilliant. I was wanting to start using debian as they seem to be one of the few distros to support an installer and a later linux domu kernel. I'd hit this exact problem when attempting to install.

I'd previously been running Archlinux but udev updated to a version unsupported by the kernel version (2.6.18 for anyone watching) which in-turn failed to created the relevant devices on boot. This is where NetBSD rocks. Kernel version has always been an issue with a linux domu, never-so for NetBSD.

I'll update immediately :)

Thanks Manuel.

Sarton