Re: problem installing a domU

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:00:05PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> > Did you remember to mdsetimage the disk image into the kernel?  Xen
> > install kernels aren't modular, because Xen NetBSD kernels aren't
> > modular.
>
> I confess I don't even know what that means, so I probably didn't...
> It's a standard install kernel, as built by build.sh.  Neither the xen
> how-to nor the wiki mention anything about mdsetimage, and I'm
> following those instructions.

Did you build the kernel with build.sh kernel=INSTALL_XEN3_DOMU ?
that will build the kenrel, but won't build the ramdisk, nor copy it
into the kernel. build.sh release will (and you grab the install kernel
from the release dir, not the build dir).

I think the instructions recommend using a kernel from a release
or pub/NetBSD-daily :)