maximum number of domains??

Are there any limits to the number of domains you can put on a server? I have a dual quad core opteron box that I was trying to stress test xen on. I created 50 domains, and according to xm top, they're running and consuming cpu seconds. But, I cannot login to the console of the domains after the 37'th one... I get the following message:

xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory

Joe McGuckin