Re: iommu

On Wednesday 24 June 2009 15:39:02 Goran wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as I use HVM I would like to passthrough pci-devices to my domU.

This is currently a Linux Dom0-only feature, but it is on its way for NetBSD.

> I took a look at /proc/cpuinfo but found nothing usefull.
>
> How can I identify a machine to be Intel/VT-d or AMD/IOMMU capable?

xm dmesg  tells you if an IOMMU is available.

> By the way... I haven't found the vmx flag like on Linux-systems. It
> seems other flags are failing too (not sure). Wich flag indicates a HVM
> capable machine on NetBSD?

cpuctl identify 0

if you see SVM or VMX, then your machine can run HVM guests.
In case of SVM, check the dmesg output. If you have to turn it on in the BIOS
first, you will find a message saying so.

Christoph