Re: Routed setup and ARP issues

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:45:11 +1000
Christian Lerrahn <lists%penpal4u.net@localhost> wrote:

> > Can you get a subnet from your ISP?  If so, assign the domUs
> > addresses on it and enable forwarding on the dom0.  No ARP games
> > will be needed. Second, depending on your needs, you could NAT the
> > domUs' addresses.
>
> I do have a subnet I can use. However, from how I understood the Linux
> XEN howtos, I thought that an ARP proxy was still needed. But maybe
> I'll just give it a shot then and hope for the best. :)

If the ISP knows it's a subnet, no ARP proxying is needed -- the ISP
will (or should) route all traffic for that subnet to whatever your
gateway is.  Presumably, you've told them; if not, you may need to run
whatever routing protocol they want (most likely OSPF -- pick up
net/quagga, I suspect, from pkgsrc).