Re: RAM for Dom0

Gerald skrev:
Hi,
can anyone here tell me from experience how much RAM one should leave
to Dom0 to be able to do the usual maintenance without having to
reconfigure the XEN domains and rebooting? I have 2GB in my server and
was thinking about leaving about 384MB to the Dom0. Is that enough? Or
should it be 512MB at least? Is anyone running a setup with 384MB or
less for the Dom0?

Cheers,
Christian

I usually leave 256MB to dom0 and it seems sufficient for the usual maintenance.

Mine has totally 2GB and I assigned 64MB to the Dom0. It was running fine with 3 RaidFrame sets, sshd and dhcpd. I increased it to 256MB to be able to run samba, httpd, dhcpd, sshd, openvpn, NIS, ftpd, mediatomb and socksd :)

Marcin