Re: pygrub??

joe mcguckin wrote:
> I finally got Centos running. I had to use pygrub as the bootloader.
>
> Why does this make a difference? I can't seem to get it to boot
> otherwise...
>
> Thanks,

I don't know any specifics about CentOS, but today's Linux kernels are using modules for everything, and it is a nightmare to boot one without modules (or initrd), it always wants to load one sometime or another.

I guess that with "traditional" domU Xen boot, you do not have the initrd that contains the fs code needed to load the boot device successfully ("ramdisk" option inside the config file). While with pygrub, it can boot the kernel directly in the image file, and get the ramdisk from there.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost