Re: telling real from HTT CPUs under xen?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:04:14PM -0500, david l goodrich wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:43:19PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> >
> > I can't run it under Xen -- it doesn't work.  I'll have to wait until I
> > can reboot the machine to NetBSD/amd64 to check, I guess.
>
> for whatever it's worth, it does work in Xen here, on 5.0_RC3.
> cpu0 is a p4 with HTT, so dmesg shows a cpu0 and a cpu1.
>   --david
>
> esther# cpuctl list
> Num  HwId Unbound LWPs Interrupts     Last change
> ---- ---- ------------ -------------- ----------------------------
> 0    0    online       intr           Tue Apr  7 11:19:37 2009

Ah, so I should expect only the physical CPUs to show up in cpuctl list,
and then I can pluck the apid from the 'hwid' column?

Here is what I get when I run cpuctl list on my system (amd64 domU on
xen 3.1.4, NetBSD-current):

Num  HwId Unbound LWPs Interrupts     Last change
cpuctl: IOC_CPU_GETINFO: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Whoops.

Thor