Re: PCI passthrough not working?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 03:01:18PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > I tried that syntax as an option for xen.gz -- no effect.  I tried it as an
> > option for netbsd.xen instead -- still no effect.  In both cases netbsd
> > still
> > attaches wm0.
>
> Sorry, it's pciback.hide, not pciback_hide

That worked!  Thanks!

Here is my working boot.cfg line which hides two ethernet interfaces on
my system's motherboard so I can assign one to each of two client domains.

It also forces the console to DTRT, which xen3 never seems to do on this
particular platform.  Maybe it is a good example for the FAQ:

menu=Boot Xen with NetBSD dom0:load /netbsd.xen console=pc
pciback.hide=(06:07.0)(07:08.0); multiboot /usr/pkg/xen3-kernel/xen.gz
vga=text-80x25 console=pc dom0_mem=256M